This is the Linux app named FragGeneScan whose latest release can be downloaded as FragGeneScan1.31.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FragGeneScan with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
FragGeneScan is an application for finding (fragmented) genes in short reads. It can also be applied to predict prokaryotic genes in incomplete assemblies or complete genomes.
FragGeneScan was first released through omics website (http://omics.informatics.indiana.edu/FragGeneScan/) in March 2010, where you can find its old releases. FragGeneScan migrated to SourceForge in October, 2013.
- FragGeneScan can be used for gene prediction in complete genomes, assemblies, and short reads.
- Plug and use -- no need to train specific models for different datasets
- FragGeneScan handles sequencing errors.
Information Technology, Healthcare Industry
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fraggenescan/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.