This is the Linux app named PRTOS Preemptive RTOS for bare metal aps whose latest release can be downloaded as PRTOSV103.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PRTOS Preemptive RTOS for bare metal aps with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PRTOS Preemptive RTOS for bare metal aps
DESCRIPTIONV103 Manual & minor bug fix
PRTOS is an open-source preemptive real time operating system kernel for bare-metal applications. It presently supports the AVR and MSP430 architectures.
PRTOS is released by Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC - the developer of the CoRTOS cooperative RTOS
The advantages of PRTOS are:
It has the smallest footprint of any true preemptive system: 1.9kB for basic scheduling and task control, 5.1kB with all the features below (AVR '328 / gcc -Os);
Only 950 lines of code implement all of the RTOS features (SLOC-L);
The system is well documented with a short but comprehensive manual, well-commented source code, and a test suite demonstrating the features;
The system is proven - it has been in use since 1982 with applications in in-vitro medical equipment, process control instrumentation and industrial machinery;
It is released under a GPL V3 license and commercial licensing is available.
- Preemptive and round-robin scheduling
- Signaling from task to task and ISR to task
- Delay and timeout functions
- Periodic signals
- Messaging and priority messaging
- Mutexes with priority inversion mitigation and FIFO or priority queuing
- Semaphores - binary, signaling and counting
Developers, Architects, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/prtos-preemptive-rtos/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.