This is the Linux app named SnowyOwl whose latest release can be downloaded as SnowyOwl-2.0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SnowyOwl with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SnowyOwl is a gene prediction pipeline that uses RNA-Seq data to train and provide hints for the generation of Hidden Markov Model (HMM)-based gene predictions, and to evaluate the resulting models. The pipeline has been validated and streamlined by comparing its predictions to manually curated gene models in three fungal genomes, and its results show substantial increases in sensitivity and selectivity over previous gene predictions. Sensitivity is gained by repeatedly running the HMM gene predictor Augustus with varied input parameters, and selectivity by choosing the models with best homology to known proteins and best agreement to the RNA-Seq data. SnowyOwl has successfully predicted genes in 26 novel fungal genomes.
The pipeline can be installed locally for high throughput and control over configuration. It can also be run on a remote server through a convenient web interface for occasional use.
- Gene prediction using RNA-Seq data
- High sensitivity and specificity
- Pipeline streamlined and validated with manually curated gene models
- Highly configurable
- Default configuration for ascomycete and basidiomycete fungi
- Install and run locally for control and flexibility
- Run remotely through a web interface for convenience
Science/Research, Advanced End Users
Web-based, Command-line, GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/snowyowl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.