This is the Linux app named abnimport whose latest release can be downloaded as examples.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named abnimport with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
There are various programs to handle your personal financial data: Grisbi, GnuCash, HomeBank, KMyMoney. But the data we can download from dutch bank ABN AMRO is difficult to import.
This program solves the problem.
- use your web brouwser to open your page at the bank
and download the transactions as a TAB file.
(example 201705.TAB for all your transactions in may)
- abnimport 201705.TAB 201705.qif
- Than fire up Grisbi and use File -> Import file
to import the transactions.
Note: Edit category.conf to assign different categories to your transactions.
Personally using Grisbi because it meets my needs and is relatively small install.
- python3 program
- should work on every linux
- import ABNAMRO TAB files
- creates qif files accepted by many personal finance software.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/abnimport/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.