This is the Linux app named adx - addressbook.xml whose latest release can be downloaded as adx_addressbook.xml_v1.22.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named adx - addressbook.xml with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
adx - addressbook.xml
DESCRIPTIONMinimalistic but full-featured addressbook in your web browser.
adx is a standalone and portable web app (online and offline).
Contact Management, portable, small (~200KB), lightweight, contact tagging, geo mapping, web accounts, trigger phone/Skype calls, etc.
vCard (as file or QR code via offline generator), embedded Microformats (hCard 1.0, XFN).
HOW IT WORKS
Your address-book (XML file) is transformed in your web browser (via XSLT) to a full-featured web application (HTML).
Web browser for viewing online or offline (Firefox recommended; some like Chrome need a small command line parameter for offline viewing); no server, plugin or anything else needed. Any text editor can be used for contact editing (addressbook.xml).
- Full-featured web application for contact management
- XML based
- Small (~220 KByte) and lightweight
- Online and offline usage: can be (self)hosted on any webserver or local/network folder
- Portable (e.g. USB flash drive)
- Full privacy (everything is self-contained, no phone-home, etc). Own your data!
- no dependencies but a web browser (viewing) and text editor (editing)
- Geo mapping (by address, longitude/latitude or what3words)
- Support for web accounts
- Tagging of contacts
- Search in contacts
- Browser quick search possible (Search from browser URL bar in contacts)
- Export contacts as vCard (via file download or QR code)
- Offline QR code generator
- Birthday/anniversary reminder
- Also suited as Small office/home office (SOHO) address-book
- Cross-OS support (incl. Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, ...)
- Cross-browser support, e.g. Firefox (recommended), Chrome, Opera, Safari, IE
- Customizable (XSLT)
- Configurable (XLST)
- Microformats support (hCard 1.0, XFN)
- Full UTF-8 support
- Embeddable in web sites
- Remote dialing on your Android with GSConnect
- Note: Focus of adx is contact viewing. Editing can be done with any text editor
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/adx/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.