This is the Linux app named AEBL whose latest release can be downloaded as asys.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AEBL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
AEBL Mobile Media Player, changing how we consume media. AEBL is a media player and a digital media platform in use in the IHDN XPO network media system ( http://www.ihdn.ca/Xpo_VI.html ).
AEBL is foremost a mobile media distribution and playback framework. It was created to be the core technology that is used in a television ad insertion and digital sign, and further development has opened up many more applications. It currently is designed to run on a raspberry Pi, although it is being ported to other systems.
The AEBL blog is located here:
For those interested in trying it out, you will need a Raspberry Pi (should be the B series with 512MB) and a SD card (4GB or higher, recommend base 8GB but the larger, the better, for content storage).
The current image is a ~680MB 7zip compressed file of it's original 2.7GB size, located on dropbox, here:
- Video or Audio kiosk (standalone or network)
- Personal, portable audio and video player
- Streaming content video and audio player
- Social media aware and interactive
- Zeroconf / bounjour device
- Channel content playing and sharing
- Integrated Emergency Broadcast. 611 info, and other features
- and Much, much more, doesn't even begin to explain it! :)
Web-based, Non-interactive (Daemon), Console/Terminal, Other toolkit, Email-based interface
Unix Shell, C, Go
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/aebl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.