This is the Linux app named ALAMODE whose latest release can be downloaded as alamode-1.1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ALAMODE with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONALAMODE is designed for analyzing lattice anharmonicity and lattice thermal conductivity of solids. By using an external DFT package such as VASP and Quantum ESPRESSO, you can extract harmonic and anharmonic force constants straightforwardly with ALAMODE. Using the anharmonic force constants, you can also calculate lattice thermal conductivity from first principles. For more information about ALAMODE, please visit the following webpages:
Documentation : http://alamode.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
git repository : https://github.com/ttadano/alamode
- Estimate harmonic and anharmonic (cubic, quartic, ...) force constants
- Phonon dispersion, phonon DOS
- Thermodynamic functions (vibrational entropy, free energy, etc.)
- Mean-square displacement
- Grüneisen parameter
- Lattice thermal conductivity
- Self-consistent phonon calculation
- Phonon linewidth due to 3-phonon interaction
- Phonon frequency shift due to 3- and 4-phonon interactions
- 3-phonon scattering phase space
- Phonon-isotope scattering rate
- Participation ratio for analyzing localization of phonons
- and more...
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/alamode/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.