This is the Linux app named astroDevice whose latest release can be downloaded as astroDeviceClient-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named astroDevice with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
astroDevice is a software platform for the control of astronomical instruments (telescope mount, filter wheel, focuser and CCD) through a single interface. This platform manages any astronomical device through plug-ins. It can manage multiple devices of same type (eg two telescope mounts). astroDevice is an alternative to ASCOM and INDI by providing a common interface between each device type and astronomy software such as Starry Night, KStars, Skychart and Stellarium. The platform is based on a client-server architecture to provide the ability to control the astronomical devices remotely.
- Multi-OS (Windows, Linux and OS X)
- Based on a client/server architecture for provide the ability to control the astronomical devices remotely
- Drivers telescopes, cameras, filters wheels, focusers, rotators, domes and safety monitors
- Manage multiple devices of same type (eg two telescope mounts)
- Handles all astronomical devices through plugins
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/astrodevice/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.