This is the Linux app named AVR beacon whose latest release can be downloaded as avr_beacon-0.2.1.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AVR beacon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
AVR beacon project utilizes a new approach to RF signal generation using SQDDS method (making RF signals directly from the software, based on a pre-calculated periodic bit-sequence). It is mainly used by the hamradio operators to set up various radio beacons for different purposes, mostly for radio waves propagation discoveries.
CW (continious waves, Morze code) is a main modulation mode. Other modes like PSK and FSK are planned to implement in the future releases. User can enter any ASCII text to send it to the air. Transmission rates and modes are configurable from the input text. AVR beacon can read an external digital instruments like (voltmeter, thermometer, axelerometer, anemometer, etc.) and send its data to the air.
Beacons network is planned to implement using an external GPS module for time syncronization.
This project runs on Atmel AVR pico-power Mega microcontrollers: ATmega48p, ATmega88p, ATmega168p and ATmega368p. It is possible to port it to other AVR MCUs as well.
Advanced End Users, Quality Engineers, Testers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/avrbeacon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.