This is the Linux app named Basic Blind Chess whose latest release can be downloaded as mac_darkchess_121.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Basic Blind Chess with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Basic Blind Chess
Blind Chess also known as "Dark Chess" (暗棋) or "Banqi" or Half Chess , is a two-player Chinese board game played on a 4x8 grid, or half of the xiangqi (Chinese Chess) board. This application is using Taiwan rule. AI is using basic minimax tree structure and some rules. Advanced algorithm such as Upper Confidence bounds applied to Trees and Monte Carlo Tree Search are NOT used. This app is single player vs computer only.
For English user, Christakis Giorgios made Software Requirements Specification(pdf file), it will help anyone that downloads this application to understand basic blind chess and use it. You can download this pdf in Files->Specification folder.
- No Cheat AI
- multiprocessing (for v0.9.4 later)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkchess/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.