This is the Linux app named BOWS to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as BOWS.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BOWS to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
BOWS to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONBOWS is a generic system based on Web Services which allows programmatic access to applications running on HPC clusters. BOWS allows incorporation of several independent applications since programmers can install them in HPC clusters in any programming language. The lonely requirement is to write a script named “arrow” which calls BOWS back-end services periodically in order to check for new processes and their required parameters. If a new process is found, the “arrow” script should change the requisition status from waiting to running, run the process in the HPC cluster and, when the job is complete, call a BOWS back-end service to send the results. The results will then be available to the requestor. BOWS is called from the front-end by Web Services, therefore a program running in a simple computer can benefit of high performance computation executed elsewhere.
- Web services methods (SOAP)
- Allows asynchronous transactions
- Client (front-end) in any programming language
- HPC execution (back-end)
- Examples: Java client for PRANK aligner (in BOWS.tar.gz file)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bows/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.