This is the Linux app named bytelocator whose latest release can be downloaded as bytelocator-0.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named bytelocator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONbytelocator is a small C command-line utility that allows you to search for hex byte patterns within any binary file. Its provides information on the byte location within a binary file based on the hex byte pattern you provided.
- Finds hex string within large files (over 4GB in size)
- Added -o for starting byte offset value
- Prints out detailed statistics on search results
- Added -b flag for customized blocksize buffer value (default is 512)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bytelocator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.