This is the Linux app named C2C Slope Ruler whose latest release can be downloaded as c2csloperuler-2.0.pdf. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named C2C Slope Ruler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
C2C Slope Ruler
These rulers have been designed using LaTeX and the PGFPlots package by Christian Feuersanger to measure slope on a 1:25,000 scale or 1:50,000 topographic map.
Slope is determined by comparing the distance between contour lines of the map with the reference lines on the edges of the ruler. The top border of the ruler is designed to measure slope with a 20 meter contour interval. The bottom border measures slope with a 50 meter contour interval.
You should print this ruler on white or transparent paper, taking care of deactivating any scaling options. Check the actual size of the ruler in centimeters on the right border.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/c2csloperuler/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.