This is the Linux app named CANUSB Library written in C# whose latest release can be downloaded as Package.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CANUSB Library written in C# with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CANUSB Library written in C#
DESCRIPTIONThis is a C# library dedicated for using with a www.canusb.com device
Full notes: See ReadMe.txt
The LAWICEL DLL is 'unmanaged code' and was not designed for use by C#/VB/Mono
If you wish to call 'unmanaged code' from 'managed code', you need to use a 'C# wrapper' to access the DLL. This wrapper uses 'PInvoke' (like peek/poke) to 'martial' calls from managed to unmanaged code. It sounds complicated, and it is.
IT IS ALSO TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. Why not have the DLL as managed code?? Why not simply reference the library in your project and just call its functions?? This project does just that
LGPLV3.: In summary, the only thing we ask is if you improve / bugfix / extend the library then feed these changes back into the project by emailing jon_newcomb or requesting sourceforge access. Applications you develop that use this library are not covered by this licence and can remain closed source and commercial
- A CANUSB Library written in C# that can be referenced in your C# / VB project
- AVOID ‘PInvoke’ / Wrappers / marshalling calls to Unmanaged code. It’s just nasty and unnecessary!
- AVOID the need to install DLLs into the system directory
- Your application 'pulls' CAN messages from a the CANUSB Library queue
- A separate can message object helps user creates and handles messages more easily.
- Example software is provided
- Callback on message received not supported, but easily added.
Manufacturing, Engineering, Automotive
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/canusb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.