This is the Linux app named CDPOPgui to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as 02-2014a-CDPOPguiBeta-Version3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CDPOPgui to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CDPOPgui to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONCDPOPgui is a GUI Frontend for CDPOP
What is CDPOP?
CDPOP (Cost Distance POPulations) is a spatially-explicit simulator of gene-flow in complex landscapes to explain observed population responses and provide a foundation for landscape genetics. The program implements individual-based population modeling with Mendelian inheritance on a resistant landscape. Simulation begins with an initial homogeneous population and followed by divergence through time as functions of individual based movement, breeding and dispersal on a continuous cost surface.
Allen Warren developed the GUI.The citation for this program is: Landguth EL, Cushman SA (2010) CDPOP: A spatially-explicit cost distance population genetics program. Mol. Ecol. Res. 10, 156-161. Updates to the software, including natural selection, can be referenced with Landguth EL, Cushman SA, Johnson NA (2012) Simulating natural selection in landscape genetics. Molecular Ecology Resources, 12, 363-368.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cdpopgui/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.