This is the Linux app named Charmol to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as charmol-1.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Charmol to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Charmol to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONCharmol is a command-line based program for making high-quality pictures of molecular structures for Linux and MacOS. It produces POV-Ray rendered images or files in VRML format for viewing in 3D.
Charmol is capable of making pictures containing:
- from small- to large-size molecules
- more molecules together (different settings possible)
- orbitals using molden and fchk files (GTO functions up to 'h' angular momentum supported)
- surfaces using gaussian cube files (also color-mapped surfaces according to potential)
- schematic representation of vibrations using arrows
- user-defined arrows representing vectorial properties
- measuring gauges
- combinations of these features (more orbitals together, orbitals and arrows together etc.)
Charmol allows for fine tuning of the final molecular design.
Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/charmol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.