This is the Linux app named Covert Channels Evaluation Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as cchef-0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Covert Channels Evaluation Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Covert Channels Evaluation Framework
Encryption is not sufficient to secure communication because often the simple fact that communication exists is often enough to raise suspicion and take further actions. Covert channels aim to hide the very existence of communication by using means of communication not normally intended to be used.
The Covert Channels Evaluation Framework (CCHEF) is a flexible software framework for empirically evaluating network steganography methods or covert channels in network protocols. CCHEF can be used in real networks with real overt traffic (e.g in research testbeds), but can also simulate covert channels using overt traffic from trace files (e.g. evaluation on a single host).
CCHEF is designed for evaluating covert channels and not for (mis)using them for actual covert communication. CCHEF's sender or receiver are normal user space applications that are not disguised in any way and do not contain any malware-like code, e.g. they do not illegally acquire superuser privileges etc.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cchef/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.