This is the Linux app named CpDB to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as CpDB.20150623.static.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CpDB to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CpDB to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONThis software allows us to create a relational database in Postgres to host full bacterial genomes. Besides the database, also there are software tools, like a parser, to convert EMBL or GBK files to the CpDB relational schema. Once in the CpDB, one can extract unlimited reports from a bacterial genome using SQL. This software is part of the Ph.D. in Bioinformatics from Anderson Santos and was developed under the Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis (Cp) pangenome project. The Cp pangenome delivered to the scientific community 15 bacterial strains deposited at the GenBank database, between the years of 2009 and 2012. The full thesis was written in Portuguese-br. A book chapter explaining in English why and what for this software is available from the address: http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/whole-genome-annotation-in-silico-analysis. CpDB also was the backbone for the Pannotator tool: http://pannotator.facom.ufu.br
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cpdb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.