This is the Linux app named CPS Wildfire Management Tool whose latest release can be downloaded as WMT_windows-x64_4_0_BETA3_JRE.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CPS Wildfire Management Tool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CPS Wildfire Management Tool
The Wildfire Management Tool (WMT) predicts the potential fire behavior of a wildland fire. WMT incorporates a 3D terrain viewer, the tenets of the Campbell Prediction System (CPS) and the Rothermel fire spread equations to depict fire behavior. WMT is used to adjust tactics & strategies to ensure the safety of firefighters and the effective use of firefighting resources.
Requires Java 8 (included) - http://www.java.com/download
- View your area of interest on 3D aerial imagery or topographic and street maps
- Explore the Campbell Prediction System's alignment of forces concepts
- Observe Rothermel fire spread computations for any place on the map
- Understand the fire environment and fire behavior through simplified graphics
Non-Profit Organizations, Government, Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop, Management
Java Swing, OpenGL, Project is a 3D engine
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wmt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.