This is the Linux app named DebEX Barebone Linux 64/32 bit whose latest release can be downloaded as debian-kernel-5.14.12-exton-amd64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DebEX Barebone Linux 64/32 bit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DebEX Barebone Linux 64/32 bit
All three systems/distributions are a based Debian 11 and Sid.
DebEX LXQt - 32 bit - uses kernel 5.4.2-exton. DebEX Gnome uses kernel 5.12.8-exton. DebEX KDE Plasma uses kernel 5.14.12-exton.
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them LXTerminal, PCManFM, AlsaPlayer, NetworkManager, Thunderbird, Firefox, GParted and Synaptic. In version 210603 and 211023 all common Gnome respectively KDE packages instead of Budgie Desktop.
DebEX uses Apt and Synaptic.
Budgie 10.5/Enlightenment 0.23.1, Gnome 3.38 respectively KDE Plasma 5:20 are used as Desktop environments.
RUNS FROM RAM
That ability allows DebEX Barebone to be very fast, since reading and writing data from/to RAM is much faster than on a hard disk drive.
Build your own Debian live installable system! Very easy!
Calamares Installer is used in all DebEX versions.
- DebEX Barebone Budgie - create your own Debian live system with Refracta Snapshot!
- Kernel 5.14.12-exton-amd64 in DebEX KDE PLasma Build 211023
- DebEX KDE is based on Debian 11 - stable as of 211023
- DebEX KDE Build 211023 uses Calamares 3.2.356.1 Installer Framework
- VirtualBox Guest Additions and VMware Tools in DebEX KDE Plasma 211023
- All DebEX systems are based on Debian "Bullseye" (11) and unstable (Sid).
- Run all three versions from RAM! Superfast!
- Kernel 5.12.8-exton in DebEX Gnome Build 210603
- KDE Plasma 5:20 Desktop in Build 211023
- Gnome 3.38 in Build 210603
- Gimp and GParted
- Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager") in DebEX Gnome
- Calamares Installer in DebEX Gnome Build 210603
- Netflix can be watched while using Firefox (Iceweasel)
- Refracta Snapshot is pre-installed in all four versions
- All four versions run very well in VMware and VirtualBox
- Create you own live installable Debian system with Refracta Snapshot
- Firefox (for Netflix) in all DebEX systems
- Using Calamares in DebEX KDE, Budgie/Enlightenment and Gnome you can install in any language!
- Rolling distributions
- DebEX Budgie/Enlightenment Build 200618 efi uses Calamares 3.2.4-3 installer
- DebEX Gnome Build 210603 uses Calamares 3.2.36-1 installer
- Enlightenment 0.23.1 is installed from source in Build 200618
- DebEX LXQt - 32 bit - uses kernel 5.4.2-exton
- Cactus Package Manager (CPM) in DebEX Gnome - an alternative to Apt
- Kernel headers in all three versions
- VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed in DebEX Gnome Build 210603
- Kernel 5.7.2-exton in DebEX Barebone Budgie/Enlightenment Build 200618
- Budgie Desktop 10.5 in DebEX Build 200618
X Window System (X11)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/debex/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.