This is the Linux app named Fingerprint Recognition System to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as fingerprot.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Fingerprint Recognition System to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Fingerprint Recognition System to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONThe proposed filter-based algorithm uses a bank of Gabor filters to capture both local and global details in a fingerprint as a compact fixed length FingerCode. The fingerprint matching is based on the Euclidean distance between the two corresponding FingerCodes and hence is extremely fast. We are able to achieve a verification accuracy which is only marginally inferior to the best results of minutiae-based algorithms published in the open literature. Our system performs better than a state-of-the-art minutiae-based system when the performance requirement of the application system does not demand a very low false acceptance rate. Finally, we show that the matching performance can be improved by combining the decisions of the matchers based on complementary (minutiae-based and filter-based) fingerprint information.
Index Terms: Biometrics, FingerCode, fingerprints, flow pattern, Gabor filters, matching, texture, verification.
- Fingerprint matching
- Implementation of 1D and 2D recursive Gabor filtering
- Complex filtering techniques
- 8 Gabor filters 0 22.5 45 67.5 90 112.5 135 157.5 degrees
- Convolution is performed in frequency domain DataBase
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fingerprintrecognitionsystem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.