This is the Linux app named FMFilter whose latest release can be downloaded as FastModelBasedVariantFilteringTool-1.0-Setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FMFilter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Filtering out the prominent portion through the excessive amount of information produced by next generation techniques is a challenging task. Current tools enable to analyze next generation sequencing data in various methods. However, there is still need for fast, easy to use and efficacious tools. We provide an efficient filtering tool for next generation sequencing data produced by genetic disease studies. FMFilter allows to choose one of the inheritance models (recessive, dominant, compound heterozygous and de novo), the affected and control individuals to design the filtering mechanism. It provides an environment of analyzing these cases by removing the requirement of advanced computer techniques. It has the capability to filter with control individuals and eliminate the majority of the false alarms specific to a population. It requires negligible memory which enables to handle very large variant files in ordinary computers.
- Autosomal recessive model analysis
- Autosomal dominant model analysis
- Compound heterozygous analysis
- De novo analysis
- Handling very large variant files in ordinary computers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fmfilter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.