This is the Linux app named From PEG to a practical parser whose latest release can be downloaded as Mouse-2.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named From PEG to a practical parser with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
From PEG to a practical parser
Tool to transcribe Parsing Expression Grammar into a parser written in Java.
Parsing Expression Grammar (PEG) is a way to specify recursive-descent parsers with limited backtracking. The use of backtracking lifts the LL(1) restriction usually imposed by top-down parsers. In addition, PEG can define parsers with integrated lexing.
Unlike some existing parser generators for PEG, the tool does not produce a complex and storage-hungry "packrat parser", but a collection of transparent recursive procedures.
The tool can handle left recursion.
An integral feature of "Mouse" is the mechanism for specifying semantics (also in Java). This makes "Mouse" a convenient tool if one needs an ad-hoc language processor. Being written in Java, the processor is operating-system independent.
Included in the package is PEG Explorer, an interactive tool to investigate the effect of limited backtracking.
Sample grammars for Java & C are available from the Web Site.
- Support for left-recursion. See mousepeg.sourceforge.net/Documents/Article.pdf
- PEG Explorer: an interactive tool to investigate the effect of limited backtracking. See mousepeg.sourceforge.net/explorer.htm
Information Technology, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mousepeg/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.