This is the Linux app named galplot whose latest release can be downloaded as galplot_r1157.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named galplot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Plot package for GALPROP https://sourceforge.net/projects/galprop
Plots models and data for cosmic-ray spectra, secondary/primary ratios, gamma rays, synchrotron. Includes gamma-ray source population synthesis and corresponding plots. For gamma rays, convolves models with the Fermi-LAT response.
This release is to assess interest. It requires many input data files (not included) which will be made available as required.
With the data provided cosmic-ray spectra and ratios and source population synthesis will work.
Uses CERN root package.
See README for details.
Plots produced with GALPLOT can be seen in
http://arxiv.org/abs/1309.2947, published version: http://mnras.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/10/03/mnras.stt1718.abstract .
Uses the cosmic-ray database https://sourceforge.net/projects/cosmicraydataba
- 29 Nov 2013: r1084 uses HealPix v2.20a instead of v2.01. This is the same version as used by GALPROP.
- 3 Dec 2013: r1090 uses HealPix v3.11 (the latest), option to use v2.20a.
- 3 Dec 2013: verified that GALPLOT is compatible with root v5.34 (current)
- 9 Dec 2013: r1099 no more dependence on boost filesystem, to simplify installation
- 13 Dec 2013: r1109 minor debugs, improved README instructions. First report of successful installation and run by a user.
- Fermi-LAT data produced with Fermi Science Tools requires conversion with this tool: https://sourceforge.net/projects/galpropskymapco for use with GALPLOT.
- 16 Dec 2013: r1112 reads Fermi data without requiring conversion.
- 10 Jan 2014: r1120 improved sample parameters for source population synthesis. 2FGL source catalogue.
- 16 Jan 2014: r1136 three source catalogues included in number count plots
- 3 Feb 2014: r1157 improved source population skymap output
- 11 July 2014: Compatible with CR database http://lpsc.in2p3.fr/cosmic-rays-db : use 'Data extraction' and 'Get GALPROP file' and use the output file as the .dat CR data file. This is far more extensive and up-to-date than the one provided with GALPLOT.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/galplot/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.