This is the Linux app named giffiledecoder whose latest release can be downloaded as GifFileDecoder-r10.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named giffiledecoder with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONThis project includes code to decode and play animated GIFs on Android.
GifFileDecoder.java - decoder, converts gif files to in-memory images. Implements streaming: only one or two frames are kept in memory, so long videos can be played without memory concerns. Code is implemented in Java, but appears to work about as fast as WebView.
GifImageView.java - custom ImageView running decoder from a thread.
You have permission to use this code in any of your projects.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/giffiledecoder/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.