This is the Linux app named hexyl whose latest release can be downloaded as hexyl-v0.13.1-i686-pc-windows-msvc.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named hexyl with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
hexyl is a simple hex viewer for the terminal. It uses a colored output to distinguish different categories of bytes (NULL bytes, printable ASCII characters, ASCII whitespace characters, other ASCII characters and non-ASCII). If you run Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) or newer, you can install the officially maintained package. If you run Debian Buster or newer, you can also install the officially maintained Debian package. Check out the release page for binary builds. Alternatively, install from source via cargo (see below). Make sure that you use a terminal that supports ANSI escape sequences (like ConHost v2 since Windows 10 1703 or Windows Terminal since Windows 10 1903).
- A simple hex viewer for the terminal
- It uses a colored output to distinguish different categories of bytes
- NULL bytes, printable ASCII characters, ASCII whitespace characters, other ASCII characters and non-ASCII
- Check out the release page for binary builds
- If you have Rust 1.40 or higher, you can install hexyl from source via cargo
- Licensed under either of Apache, or MIT license
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexyl.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.