This is the Linux app named HSD whose latest release can be downloaded as v6.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HSD with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Handshake is a decentralized, permissionless naming protocol where every peer is validating and in charge of managing the root DNS naming zone with the goal of creating an alternative to existing Certificate Authorities and naming systems. Names on the internet (top level domains, social networking handles, etc.) ultimately rely upon centralized actors with full control over a system that are relied upon to be honest, as they are vulnerable to hacking, censorship, and corruption. Handshake aims to experiment with new ways the internet can be more secure, resilient, and socially useful with a peer-to-peer system validated by the network's participants. Handshake is an experiment that seeks to explore those new ways in which the necessary tools to build a more decentralized internet. Services on the internet have become more centralized beginning in the 1990s, but do not fulfill the original decentralized vision of the internet.
- Multiple implementations may exist
- Claim HNS for FOSS developers
- Peer-to-peer root naming system
- HSD is an implementation of the Handshake Protocol
- By running Handshake, one can participate in a decentralized open naming platform secured by a decentralized peer-to-peer network
- A base layer for the decentralized internet
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hsd.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.