This is the Linux app named indi-skywatcherprotocol whose latest release can be downloaded as indi-eqmod_r15.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named indi-skywatcherprotocol with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This INDIdriver interacts with a mount controller using the Skywatcher Protocol through a serial link. It can directly drive Skywatcher and similar mounts through a serial port after a conversion of signal levels (see EQDIRECT interface), or any other mount hardware which uses this protocol. This project is similar in its goal to the EQMOD/EQASCOM project, but for the Linux/INDI world. Thus the name of the INDI device is "EQMod Mount", and the driver executable is indi_eqmod_telescope.
***** Refer to the libindi library *****
The driver is now included in the libindi library as a 3rd party driver (indi-eqmod).
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/indi-skywatcherprotocol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.