This is the Linux app named kicad 3D rendering whose latest release can be downloaded as README.txt. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named kicad 3D rendering with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
kicad 3D rendering
please consider kicad stepup script
and kicad stable release ... they are more recent and had surpassed this project...
STEP AP214 and VRML models parametric generated available at:
production release is based on http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/product/ with few differences aimed to export 3D and 3D manipulating
stable release is based on kicad 4022 stable version
kicad 3D adds the 3D realistic rendering of 3D pcb objects and board with copper layers and drill.
Thanks to Dr. Thomas Spindler that did the 3D code...
I just managed to give pre-builds in windows and add some tricky features to adapt the rendering to low level video cards and improving wrl importing and exporting.
source code to build for linux and osx
option to export wrl with pcb board
wrl to step conversion howto
- kicad 3D adds the 3D realistic rendering of 3D pcb objects and board with copper layers and drill.
- option to export to wrl and convert to STEP 3D models with Board, drill and cut-out
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kicad-3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.