This is the Linux app named kicad StepUp whose latest release can be downloaded as kicad_StepUp_tools_v8322.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named kicad StepUp with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
kicad StepUp: a new approach to export kicad board and modules in STEP AP214 (with colors).
With kicad StepUp, it is possible to work in kicad EDA with the same component model data
available in the STEP AP214 3D format, and obtain a 3D STEP AP214 model of the pcb board and
a complete board assembles with electronic modules, to be used for MCAD interchange.
The accurate 3D visualization of components on board assembles in kicad 3dviewer, is
maintained in the same accuracy and aspect in STEP AP214 format.
The kicad StepUp script maintains the usual way to work with kicad, but improves the process
to work in a collaborative way with mechanical designers bringing near ECAD and MCAD environments.
- kicad 3D STEP AP214 export pcb and models
- export and convert to STEP 3D models with Board, ready for 3D MCAD exchange
- ECAD meets MCAD
- ECAD MCAD collaboration
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kicadstepup/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.