This is the Linux app named libsombrero whose latest release can be downloaded as libsombrero-1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named libsombrero with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sombrero is a fast wavelet image processing and object detection C library for astronomical images. Sombrero is named after the "Mexican Hat" shape of the wavelet masks used in image convolution and is released under the GNU LGPL library.
- Detection of structures and objects within images. Structures and objects are detected within images alongside properties like max pixel, brightness, position and size.
- Significant pixel detection with k-sigma clipping. This can reduce the background noise in an image resulting in a better structure and object detection. Various K-sigma clipping levels are supported including custom user defined clipping coefficients.
- A'trous Wavelet convolution and deconvolution of images. The A'trous "with holes" image convolution is supported with either a linear or bicubic mask.
- Image transformations, i.e. add, subtract, multiply etc. Most general operators are supported. Can be used for stacking, flats, dark frames.
- Runtime detection of CPU SIMD support for processing with SSE, AVX, AVX2 and FMA on x86 architectures
- OpenMP support for parallel processing of data sets.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smbrr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.