This is the Linux app named logcolourer whose latest release can be downloaded as logcolourer-1.0.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named logcolourer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pipe to colour lines produced by syslog-ng and similar programs written to terminal (TTY) or file. The program inserts ANSI escape sequences to colour log lines according to their severity. This means the colouring works when viewed on a terminal or using programs such as "less" or "more".
You have to customize syslog-ng to include severity as the first character in each logged line, and to pipe the logged messages through the logcolourer program.
You can use the program to colour any file according to digits in the first character of each line.
logcolourer can also process lines from the linux kernel, though these normally get routed via syslog-ng anyway.
- Highlights critical and alert messages
- Works with terminals and files, no need for a graphics environment
- Highlighting can be customized for different viewing needs
- Colours can be changed for accessibility
- Lightweight, single program
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/logcolourer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.