This is the Linux app named mesoFON whose latest release can be downloaded as meso_FON.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mesoFON with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
mesoFON is an individual-based mangrove forest model. It is a Java implementation of the KiWi model done with RePast Simphony. It contains several new features: (1) You can add up to 10 species via the GUI. However, in principle, the number of species to be included programmatically is unlimited. (2) You can use a variety of growth functions via typing them in as a string on the GUI. (3) The model is transparent, sinc it comes with the Eclipse workbench of RePast.
Government, Non-Profit Organizations, Science/Research
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mesofon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.