This is the Linux app named MiniMon whose latest release can be downloaded as minimon-v1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MiniMon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
MiniMon 1.1 released! MiniMon can now also be used as a device under GeigerLog:
CO2 Monitor is a small, low-cost (~65€) device, which is advertised as a 'bad-air' monitor for home and office, which it indicates by green, yellow, and red LEDs, and a small numeric LCD display.
MiniMon is a simple Python3 program, which can read the data from this device via a USB connection, show them on the computer screen, and log them to disk, including a timestamp.
MiniMon in its current form runs on Linux, using the default HIDRAW driver, but can be adapted to other operating systems, where such a driver is available.
Example output in a normal office setting:
CO2: 501 ppm, T: 26.29 °C
CO2: 502 ppm, T: 26.29 °C
After exhaling towards the device, you may find this output, while the display on the device itself (limited to 3000ppm) only shows 'Hi' with the red LED on:
CO2: 9723 ppm, T: 26.85 °C
CO2: 7824 ppm, T: 26.85
- Environmental Monitoring
- Graphical User Interface using GeigerLog
- Humidity (if supported by device)
- Data logging
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/minimon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.