This is the Linux app named mobile-trail-explorer whose latest release can be downloaded as MobileTrailExplorer_v1.14.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mobile-trail-explorer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a clone of the original Google Code repository. -I'm not the author!
(See also: https://github.com/tlaukkanen/mobile-trail-explorer )
Mobile Trail Explorer is an application where user can view and record tracks using the mobile phone and GPS device. Recorded tracks can be exported in KML or GPX format. KML file can be viewed in Google Earth application. Mobile Trail Explorer is mainly targeted for recording biking, hiking etc. trails.
Software runs on Java platform so it is supported by many mobile phones. It is required that mobile phone supports Bluetooth connections (JSR 82) for GPS and File connection (JSR 75) for exporting trails to kml files.
Application can also render maps from Open Street Map. Maps can be downloaded over-the-air or preloaded to memory card. Other map providers can also be implemented easily in code.
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mobile-trail-explorer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.