This is the Linux app named MSL to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as mslib-18.104.22.168.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MSL to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
MSL to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONMSL is a C++ library that enables the computational study of macromolecules.
The MSL library is not a program (although some applications are distributed) but a tool for scientist to code their own molecular modeling methods.
The main goal is to create a set of tools that enable the computational study of macromolecules with relative ease at all levels, from simple operations (for example, load a PDB and measure a distance or edit a dihedral) to complex applications (protein modeling or design).
MSL is developed in the Senes Lab at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and by a team of developers/users from other research laboratories.
Kulp DW, Subramaniam S, Donald JE, Hannigan BT, Mueller BK, Grigoryan G, Senes A.
Structural informatics, modeling, and design with an open-source Molecular Software Library (MSL).
J Comput Chem. 2012 vol. 33 pages 1645-61
Download article at http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.22968
- The ability of storing and switching between multiple atom coordinates, for conformational changes and rotameric representation of side chain conformational freedom.
- The ability to build and store multiple residue identities (i.e. LEU, ILE, ALA) at a position and switch between them.
- # The CHARMM force field and other energy functions.
- Transformations such as translations, rotations, and alignments.
- Search algorithms such as Monte Carlo, Dead End Elimination, and Self Consistent Mean Field Monte Carlo., backbone sampling
- Crystal lattice generation.
- Support for rotamer libraries
- Backbone modification and generation
- Supported platforms: Linux, MacOS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mslib/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.