This is the Linux app named mtinv whose latest release can be downloaded as mtinv.v3.0.6.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mtinv with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONThe MTINV toolkit is a collection of computer code applications written to invert for the moment tensor of an earthquake given the three components of ground motion recorded at regional seismic stations (e.g., Ichinose et al., 2003). The computer codes are organized to generate moment tensor solutions for a range of source depths and origin times because of the trade-off between these two quantities. Selection criteria can be developed or a built-in default fitness functions can be used for near-real time notification purposes but typically requires human review below some magnitude threshold. Version 3.0.3 also includes signal to noise ratios are computed and stored to be used as guide to define stations for use in the inversion. The codes are also modularized for allowing flexibility for customization and upgrades. An online man pages are available and they are in HTML format.
- Inversion toolkit written in C, Greens Function F-K Reflectivity in Fortran
- requires/optional text editor, Ghostscript, GMT, PDF/JPG viewers, C&F77 compilers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mtinv/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.