This is the Linux app named openage whose latest release can be downloaded as openagev0.5.2Releasesourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named openage with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
openage is a free cross-platform RTS game engine that provides the mechanics of Age of Empires. Using modern technologies as C++17, OpenGL/GLSL, Python, Qt5 and CMake allows people using GNU/Linux, BSD, macOS or Windows to play the game natively. Our aim is to make openage a platform for the original Age of Empires games providing the same look and feel, but with more features for modding and multiplayer. openage uses an open API powered by our human-readable configuration language nyan. We implement a client-server architecture with dedicated servers that supports more than 8 players. The overarching system will provide matchmaking, lobbies, server discovery and other community features. openage is a community project that values every contribution, the only requirement is your enthusiasm. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you want to help!
- Fully authentic look and feel
- An easily-moddable content format
- An integrated Python console and API, comparable to blender
- AI scripting in Python, you can use machine learning
- Matchmaking and ranking with a haskell masterserver
- Optionally, improvements over the original game
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openage.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.