This is the Linux app named openSAFETY whose latest release can be downloaded as openSAFETY_1.5.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named openSAFETY with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
openSAFETY is an IEC 61508:2010 compliant safety transport protocol suitable for implementing safety-oriented process data transport between individual stations in a safety network. openSAFETY also controls the safety-oriented parameters and configuration of the safety network stations.
The openSAFETY protocol stack was developed by B&R as a reference implementation, in accordance with IEC 61508:2010 of the openSAFETY protocol specification from the EPSG (https://www.ethernet-powerlink.org). Provided as an openSAFETY distribution within the framework of the BSD license together with the documentation for the source code and a CRC calculation tool, it can be downloaded from SourceForge free of charge.
- Network Protocol
- IEC 61508:2010
- Machine Safety
- Fieldbus Independant
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensafety/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.