This is the Linux app named OpenVR SDK whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.16.8.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenVR SDK with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OpenVR is an API and runtime that allows access to VR hardware from multiple vendors without requiring that applications have specific knowledge of the hardware they are targeting. This repository is an SDK that contains the API and samples. The runtime is under SteamVR in Tools on Steam. The OpenVR API provides a game with a way to interact with Virtual Reality displays without relying on a specific hardware vendor's SDK. It can be updated independently of the game to add support for new hardware or software updates. This means that you can access the position of the headset using only one API call and it works for all headset brands (Oculus, Mixed Reality, Vive, etc)! The API is implemented as a set of C++ interface classes full of pure virtual functions. When an application initializes the system it will return the interface that matches the header in the SDK used by that application.
- OpenVR is divided into 2 layers, application and driver
- OpenVR for application talks to SteamVR, SteamVR then talks to OpenVR driver
- OpenVR application works at a higher level than an OpenVR driver
- Programmers like you can write OpenVR application or OpenVR driver to communicate with SteamVR
- The API is broken down into six primary interfaces in the vr namespace
- Interface for display, distortion, tracking, controller, and event access
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openvr-sdk.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.