This is the Linux app named parastructure whose latest release can be downloaded as parastructure.0.9.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named parastructure with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
parastructure is a perl script collection to run the population genetics software STRUCTURE from Pritchard et al. 2000 (http://pritch.bsd.uchicago.edu/structure.html) in parallel on a cluster (beowulf type). Each run of K (the number of populations) is executed separately on each CPU of the cluster trough queue system based on PBS.
A summary statistics table and distruct figures (Noah Rosenberg: http://www.stanford.edu/group/rosenberglab/distruct.html) are built at the end of the run.
A patch for the structure (ran.c) is also provided in order to correct the generation of the seed number.
Unix Shell, Perl, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/parastructure/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.