This is the Linux app named PathPicker whose latest release can be downloaded as 0.9.2--switchtopython3bydefault.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PathPicker with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PathPicker accepts a wide range of input, output from git commands, grep results, searches, pretty much anything. After parsing the input, PathPicker presents you with a nice UI to select which files you're interested in. After that you can open them in your favorite editor or execute arbitrary commands. Facebook PathPicker is a simple command line tool that solves the perpetual problem of selecting files out of bash output. Bash is fully supported and works the best. ZSH is supported as well, but won't have a few features like alias expansion in command line mode. csh/fish/rc are supported in the latest version, but might have quirks or issues in older versions of PathPicker. Note: if your default shell and current shell is not in the same family (bash/zsh... v.s. fish/rc), you need to manually export environment variable $SHELL to your current shell.
- Parse all incoming lines for entries that look like files
- Present the piped input in a convenient selector UI
- Edit the selected files in your favorite $EDITOR
- Execute an arbitrary command with them
- PathPicker allows you to also execute arbitrary commands
- The selected files are appended to the command prefix to form the final command
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pathpicker.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.