This is the Linux app named popt4jlib whose latest release can be downloaded as popt4jlib.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named popt4jlib with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
popt4jlib is an open-source parallel optimization library for the Java programming language supporting both shared memory and distributed message passing models. Implements a number of meta-heuristic algorithms for Non-Linear Programming, including Genetic Algorithms, Differential Evolution, Evolutionary Algorithms, Simulated Annealing, Particle Swarm Optimization, Firefly Algorithm, Monte-Carlo Search, Local Search algorithms, Gradient-Descent-based algorithms, as well as some well-known network flow and other graph algorithms. A fast parallel implementation of the network simplex method, and some full-fledged parallel/distributed MIP solvers will be added in the next version. In general, emphasis is given in improving the efficiency of the algorithms in shared-memory models via java threads, since multi-core machines are so wide-spread today.
- multi-threaded implementation of the following meta-heuristics: (1) island-model GA (2) Simulated Annealing (3) Differential Evolution (4) Evolutionary Algorithm (5) Particle-Swarm Optimization (6) Firefly Algorithm
- multi-threaded multi-start implementation of Steepest Descent with Armijo Rule for NLP
- multi-threaded multi-start implementation of BFGS method for box-constrained NLP
- multi-threaded multi-start implementation of Conjugate-Gradient method with Fletcher updates for box-constrained NLP
- multi-threaded implementation of Monte-Carlo Search
- multi-threaded implementation of Graph 1- and 2-packing problems, max-clique problems, shortest-path problem, minimum spanning tree problem and other graph problems
- very fast multi-threaded implementations of K-Means, K-Means++, Neural-Gas, and other algorithms for the minimum sum-or-square-errors clustering problem
- an alternative very fast concurrent/distributed programming utils library
Science/Research, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/popt4jlib/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.