This is the Linux app named PsyExTool whose latest release can be downloaded as PsyExToolaPsychophysicalExperimentToolboxinMatlab.docx. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PsyExTool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PsyExTool is a Psychophysical Experiment Toolbox in Matlab/Octave dedicated to control experiment, collect and visualize data. PsyExTool is aimed to create a tool that enables to couple the methods with visual or audio stimulus presentation modules. At present the program allows to use adjustment, constant stimulus and adaptive PSI psychophysical methods. The parameters of the stimulus and psychophysical method is adjusted in a single graphical user interface. The responses are collected using keyboard or mouse. The process of experiment is displayed graphically. At the end of the session, the data can be stored or exported for further analysis. The structure of the program may incorporate and combine additional methods for data collection and stimuli presentation. The code is under MIT license. Comments and questions are welcome.
- Perform experiments using adjustment, constant stimulus and adaptive Psi (Palamedes toolbox) methods
- Visualize state of ongoing experiment
- Analyse, manage and export the collected data
- Interface your own stimuli presentation function to the experiment control module
- Change and develop the toolbox.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/psyextool/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.