This is the Linux app named py-spy whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.3.11.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named py-spy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
py-spy is a sampling profiler for Python programs. It lets you visualize what your Python program is spending time on without restarting the program or modifying the code in any way. py-spy is extremely low overhead: it is written in Rust for speed and doesn't run in the same process as the profiled Python program. This means py-spy is safe to use against production Python code. py-spy works from the command line and takes either the PID of the program you want to sample from or the command line of the python program you want to run. py-spy has three subcommands record, top and dump. py-spy supports recording profiles to a file using the record command. Top shows a live view of what functions are taking the most time in your python program, similar to the Unix top command.
- py-spy works on Linux, OSX, Windows and FreeBSD
- Supports profiling all recent versions of the CPython interpreter
- Prebuilt binary wheels can be installed from PyPI
- py-spy can also display the current call stack for each python thread
- Dump out the call stacks for each thread, and some other basic process info to the console
- py-spy works by directly reading the memory of the python program
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/py-spy.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.