This is the Linux app named RickyD to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as rickyd_0.2.0+deps.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RickyD to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
RickyD to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONRick Dangerous was one of my favorite games for the spectrum (and Amiga), it already has a very good clone (xrick), but it lacks the ability to easily create new maps and enhance the graphics since they are built in the code itself.
RickyD uses xml extensively to configure all aspects of the game, from objects to tiles and sound, maps are also written in xml, so they can be easily edited. Creating completely new maps is very easy, just create a new tileset and use a tool like tiled to put everything together.
RickyD uses the brand new SDL 2.0 and the matching libraries SDL2_image, SDL2_mixer and SDL2_ttf.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rickyd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.