This is the Linux app named smartblob to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as SmartblobWebcam_0.3.0_doubleClickToRun_or_unzipToGetSource.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named smartblob to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
smartblob to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONYou play a 2d blob that reshapes to grab bend bounce and swing on objects floating in midair (like a platformer game), except acrobaticly your view spins when your blob does. I'm planning a huge multiplayer world, some blobs played by people holding a bendable loop game controller (tape a 1 meter cut of thick extension cord into a loop) in front of webcam and bend it to bend your blob on screen, and other blobs controlled by AI. This is a game for general AI research in a fun way people can do together. The physics and vision algorithm is half working in version 0.3.0. The gameplay is better experienced in 0.2 which is controlled with the mouse so you dont have enough freedom of movement compared to webcam. This small file contains its own source code including occamserver, a tiny general java server I built which I'll adjust to allow http streaming connections to stay open for faster ajax than a new web call each time. The reshaping and bouncing physics is by springs.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartblob/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.