This is the Linux app named SoundHelix whose latest release can be downloaded as SoundHelix-0.9-bin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SoundHelix with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SoundHelix is a free versatile Java framework for algorithmic random music composition. SoundHelix can generate random songs, play them (for example, on any number of MIDI devices or MIDI-capable software synthesizers) and is highly customizable using XML configuration. SoundHelix also allows writing the generated music as MIDI files.
SoundHelix produces music that is actually enjoyable to listen to.
- Produces enjoyable algorithmic random music
- Fully configurable using XML
- Can remote-control any number of MIDI devices with upto 16 MIDI channels each in parallel
- Supports LFOs for slowly changing MIDI parameters (modulation wheel, etc.)
- Extensible API allows for easy extensions to existing functionality
- Supports sending MIDI timing ticks to selected MIDI devices
- Example songs available on http://www.soundhelix.com/audio-examples
- Facebook fanpage available at http://www.facebook.com/soundhelix/
- Twitter feed available at http://www.twitter.com/SoundHelix
- Applet with simple example available at http://www.soundhelix.com/applet/SoundHelix-applet.jnlp
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Java Swing, Console/Terminal, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/soundhelix/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.