This is the Linux app named SQL*Plus Commander whose latest release can be downloaded as spcmd-1.12.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SQL*Plus Commander with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONSQL*Plus Commander is Text-based user interface (TUI) / framework to query data on Oracle DB in a smart way.
It consists in a fully customizable script shell for bash.
It executes custom queries or procedures on DB with SQLPlus for Oracle.
The results of queries can be browsed in a colorful text interface
resulting data from a query can be selected and passed dinamically as parameters for others queries or procedures
It may be useful for people who runs frequently a limited number of query and uses the results as parameters for other queries.
suggested for DBA activities, log tables browsing.
downloaded version contains a demo with HR data model from oracle.com
Try it and let me know if you find it useful
any idea or suggestion will be appreciated
- Runs on Bash shell [Linux, Unix, Windows Cygwin (a bit slow)]
- Fully customizable, colorful, fast
- No administrator rights required
- No modifications on database
- No binaries, just shell and sql scripts
- No need to compile anything
- Terminal framework for Oracle DB
- User Interface similar to Mainframe
- Sorry, no mouse integration, just keyboard
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, Auditors
Unix Shell, AWK, PL/SQL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spcmd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.