This is the Linux app named Sunwait whose latest release can be downloaded as sunwait.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sunwait with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sunwait calculates sunrise or sunset times with civil, nautical, astronomical and custom twilights.
It is intended for use in home automation with Windows Task Scheduler or cron. Use it to turn lights on *before* it gets dark! The program can wait from invocation until the event specified on the command line occurs or it can return immediately indicating if it is day or night. It's best to schedule Sunwait to run a little before the earliest opportunity for the event to occur each year - ie dusk range is 3:30pm to 10:30pm here, so it reasonable to schedule a dusk task at 3pm and allow Sunwait to pause the task for between 30mins and 7 and a half hours. If you scheduled the task for 6pm, then your lights will come on no earlier than 6pm.
The sun's position is calculated using time, and position - latitude and longitude should be specified on the command line.
This project is a fork from the work by Dan Risacher. The code also runs on Linux: download all files and run 'make'
- Calculates sunrise and sunset for given coordinates
- Can wait for sunrise/sunset, or return DAY or NIGHT codes
- Works with Windows Task Scheduler (or cron)
- Easy to port code to Linux - comments in place and a makefile is provided
- Supports custom twilight angles
- Used to automate domestic lighting with Arduino transmitter and radio controlled sockets
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sunwait4windows/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.